What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of websites that use phishing techniques. "Phishing" is an attempt to obtain users' personal information by disguising their website to look like another website.
We've created this policy to protect our users' online safety.
|Trick websites that attempt to steal your personal information||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of websites that disguise themselves as legitimate websites in an attempt to steal users' personal information.|
|Websites that trigger warning messages when visiting them||Not allowed||Certain browsers like Google Chrome may show users a warning message when attempting to visit a site that's suspected of phishing. Google doesn't allow the promotion of these suspected sites.|
What can I do if my site gets suspended?
- If your site was disabled, it's possible that your website may have been hacked. You can "Request a Review" through your Webmaster Tools account; however, please make sure you thoroughly review, clean, and secure your site before requesting this review. This will involve checking every page, subdomain, and file associated with your site, as well as making all necessary updates to minimize security vulnerabilities. Ensure that your local computer isn't infected with malware capable of capturing your login credentials and then change all your passwords. More information can be found in our Webmaster Tools Help Center.
- Remove all attempts at disguising your website to look like another website.
- Please note that we may look at other pages of a website for compliance, not just the landing page of an ad.
- After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by following the instructions below.
How can I request a re-review of my website?
Once you've addressed the violation, please contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Site Policy" form where you can request a re-review of your site.
|Request a re-review|
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
|Contact AdWords Support|