Mirroring and framing (Copying websites)
What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow ads for websites that copy the content of other websites, using techniques known as "mirroring" and "framing."
- Mirroring refers to making multiple copies of the same website across different servers or domains. It can also refer to making a website that returns the same exact search results as another site.
- Framing refers to the use of HTML framesets to display the information from one website within another website.
Google AdWords doesn't allow advertising for sites that do the following:
- Offer no additional value or content beyond what's provided by the page they're copying
- Offer identical content across templated sites
- Use identical items such as logos, business names, or images on each site
- In instances where non-identical logos, business names, or images are used on the site, the website will still be regarded as mirroring/framing if it meets the criteria for mirroring and framing
We've created this policy to help ensure the ads we show send users to diverse and unique content.
|Allowed||Websites that feature original and unique content that isn't framed from or copied from another website|
|Not allowed|| - Websites that mirror another website by copying the same or very similar content onto another domain
- Websites that frame another website by displaying another website's data within its domain via HTML framesets Example of an unacceptable website
What can I do if my site gets suspended?
- Review your website and remove all HTML framesets that are copying content from domains other than the ad landing page domain.
- Create unique, original content, including, but not limited to, original logos, business names, and images on each domain that you own.
- If your site has a search functionality, make sure the search results aren't just copied from other sites.
- Please note that we may look at other pages of a website for compliance, not just the landing page of an ad.
- After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by following the instructions below.
How can I request a re-review of my website?
Once you've addressed the violation, please contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can request a re-review of your site.
Request a re-review
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support