What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of academic aids that provide an unfair academic advantage. This includes getting actual test questions in advance, turning in a paper someone else has written as your own original work, or test taking services (where someone will take an exam for you).
We've created this policy to protect Google's brand.
|Custom or pre-written essays|| Not allowed
Google doesn't allow the promotion of custom or pre-written essays, term papers, dissertations, and other academic papers (documents that can be presented as original work), either online or offline.
|Test-taking services|| Not allowed
Google doesn't allow the promotion of test-taking services (where someone takes a test for you).
|Thesis and dissertation consulting services|| Allowed
Google allows the promotion of thesis and dissertation consulting services.
|Essay and paper editing services|| Allowed
Google allows the promotion of essay or paper editing services.
|Sample or example term papers|| Allowed
Google allows the promotion of sample or example term papers.
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Academic aids||Your ad or website is promoting academic aids.||Remove all academic aids from your ad and website. Once you've made any necessary changes, you can then resubmit your ad for review, following the instructions in the section below.|
What can I do if my site gets suspended?
Review the guidelines above and make any necessary changes to your site. Once you've done that, request a re-review of your site by completing this contact form:
Request a re-review
If your site is re-enabled, your ads may resume running. If your ads remain disapproved, resubmit them for approval using the instructions below. We strive to review sites and ads as quickly as possible, usually within three business days. If you've been waiting more than three business days for your site or ads to be reviewed, please contact us.
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit it for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure that your ad complies with our policies and that you remove any references to unacceptable content before saving your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Visit your account's Ads tab.
- Hover over the table row that lists the ad you want to edit. Click the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Click Save when you're done editing your ad.
After editing and saving your ad, the Status column will change from "Disapproved" to another status like "Under review" or "Eligible." We review most ads within 1 business day. Some reviews may take longer because some ads require more complex review.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. When an ad gets disapproved, it won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved. Please note that not all violations are fixable, such as business models focused on prohibited products.
- Domain suspension: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed. Please note that not all violations are fixable, such as business models focused on prohibited products.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at set up. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support