What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of most tobacco or tobacco-related products. The promotion of tobacco or tobacco-related products includes cigarettes, cigars, tobacco pipes, rolling papers, electronic cigarettes, and e-cigarette cartridges.
Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco.
Google doesn't allow the promotion of products that contain tobacco, including cigarettes.
Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco alternatives or cigarette alternatives, such as cigarettes that contain no tobacco and electronic cigarettes, even if promoted as an aid to quit smoking.
Google doesn't allow the promotion of cigars and cigarillos.
|Tobacco pipes, rolling papers, vaporizers, filters||
Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco pipes, rolling papers, vaporizers, and filters.
Allowed with limitations
Google allows the promotion of cigar bars. However, the ad text should clearly promote the lounge and cannot promote the cigars themselves. Also, these ads will be given a "non-family safe" status.
Allowed with limitations
Google allows the promotion of hookah lounges. However, the ad text should clearly promote the lounge and cannot promote the hookahs themselves. Also, these ads will be given a "non-family safe" status.
|Products for quitting smoking, such as plasters, patches, gums||
Google allows the promotion of products for quitting smoking, such as plasters, patches, and gum.
|Tobacco accessories such as lighters, ashtrays, cigar cutters, etc.||
Google allows the promotion of tobacco accessories such as lighters, ashtrays, cigar cutters, etc.
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Tobacco||Your ad or site is promoting tobacco products.||Remove all references to tobacco from your ad text and landing pages. Once you've made any necessary changes, you can then resubmit your ad for review, following the instructions in the section below.|
What can I do if my site gets suspended?
Review the guidelines above and make any necessary changes to your site. Once you've done that, request a re-review of your site by completing this contact form:
Request a re-review
If your site is re-enabled, your ads may resume running. If your ads remain disapproved, you can resubmit them for approval using the instructions below.
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit it for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure that your ad complies with our policies and that you remove any references to unacceptable content before saving your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Visit your account's Ads tab.
- Hover over the table row that lists the ad you want to edit. Click the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Click Save when you're done editing your ad.
After editing and saving your ad, the Status column will change from "Disapproved" to another status like "Under review" or "Eligible." We review most ads within 1 business day. Some reviews may take longer because some ads require more complex review.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support