What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of products obtained from endangered or threatened species.
We've created this policy based on user feedback, as well as legal factors.
|Ivory||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of ivory from any animal, including but not limited to elephant, walrus, and mammoth.|
|Shark products||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of shark products, including squalene, fins, liver oil, or cartilage.|
|Tiger products||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of tiger products, including bones, claws, fur, or skin.|
|Whale products||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of whale products, including bones, meat, or oil.|
|Rhinoceros products||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of rhinoceros products, including rhinoceros horns.|
|Dolphin products||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of dolphin products, including dolphin oil.|
|Staghorn and elkhorn coral||Not allowed||Google doesn't allow the promotion of staghorn or elkhorn coral.|
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Endangered species||Your ad or website is promoting products obtained from endangered or threatened species.||Remove all references to products obtained from endangered or threatened species from your ad and website. Once you've made any necessary changes, you can then resubmit your ad for review, following the instructions in the section below.|
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit it for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure that your ad complies with our policies and that you remove any references to unacceptable content before saving your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Visit your account's Ads tab.
- Hover over the table row that lists the ad you want to edit. Click the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Click Save when you're done editing your ad.
After editing and saving your ad, the Status column will change from "Disapproved" to another status like "Under review" or "Eligible." We review most ads within 1 business day. Some reviews may take longer because some ads require more complex review.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support