What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow ads or display URLs that contain inappropriate language. This also includes variations and misspellings of inappropriate language. Additionally, Google doesn't allow text ads that use the phrase "click here" or any phrase that includes "click" as a call-to-action.
Inappropriate language which is officially part of a name (such as book or movie title) may be allowed with special approval from Google.
Awesome deals online for
kids toys. Click here!
The ad includes the term "click" in a call-to-action phrase.
Everyone loves our shoes!
If you love them, click +1!
The ad includes the term "click +1" in a call-to-action phrase. Google doesn't allow "click +1" or any phrase that includes "+1" as a call-to-action on the +1 button.
|Get more leads
Start a pay per click
The ad includes the word "click" as part of the product.
Google allows the use of the word "click" in ad text if it's descriptive of the product or service (e.g. pay per click, click pen, etc.).
|Funny T shirts
"Don't be an assh*le"
Check our sale today
The ad contains a variation of inappropriate language.
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Inappropriate language||Your ad contains some inappropriate language.||
Review your ad text and remove any inappropriate language that you may be using, including variations of swear words. Also, don't use the word "click" in your ad unless it's actually descriptive of the product or service (such as "pay per click," "click pen," etc.).
Once you've made any necessary changes, you can then resubmit your ad for review, following the instructions in the section below.
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit your ad for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure you remove any references to the unacceptable content before saving your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Go to your Campaigns tab and then click the Ads tab.
- Place your mouse pointer over the table row that lists the ad you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Click Save when you're done editing your ad.
After editing and saving your ad, the Status column will change to reflect its current status – it'll change from "Disapproved" to "Under review" or "Eligible." We work to review all ads in our program as quickly as possible, usually within three business days.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support