What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow advertising for political candidates or parties where it's prohibited by law.
- Any political advertising must comply with local, state, and national election laws.
- You aren't allowed to target countries where campaign ads are against the law.
- You aren't allowed to target countries with "election silence" laws during electoral bans. It's the advertiser's responsibility to make sure that ads don't run during those prohibited times.
- Any political advertising must also follow our "Anti" & violence and Solicitation of funds policies.
We encourage political campaigns and candidates with questions about these policies to contact our Elections Team.
We've created this policy due to legal regulations.
How does this policy differ from country to country?
In addition to the requirements above, some countries have further restrictions. Please see the additional country-specific requirements below.Brazil
|Political advertising||Not allowed||The promotion of political candidates and political parties isn't allowed to target Brazil.|
|Sensitive political concepts||Not allowed||Ads that contain the following content aren't allowed to target China:
|Political advertising||Not allowed||The promotion of political candidates and political parties isn't allowed to target Indonesia.|
|Political advertising||Not allowed||The promotion of sites that are part of an election campaign aren't allowed to target Japan.|
|Political advertising||Not allowed||The promotion of political candidates, political parties, and political fundraising isn't allowed to target Korea.|
|Political advertising||Not allowed||The promotion of political candidates and political parties isn't allowed to target Vietnam.|
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
If your ad gets disapproved for violating this policy, try reviewing the following tips to help resolve your issue:
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Political election advertising||Your ad or website might be promoting a political candidate or organization.||
Double check your ad and website, removing any references to the promotion of any political candidates or organizations.
Once you've made any necessary changes, you can then resubmit your ad for review, following the instructions in the section below.
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit your ad for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure you remove any references to the unacceptable content before saving your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Go to your Campaigns tab and then click the Ads tab.
- Place your mouse pointer over the table row that lists the ad you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Click Save when you're done editing your ad.
After editing and saving your ad, the Status column will change to reflect its current status – it'll change from "Disapproved" to "Under review" or "Eligible." We work to review all ads in our program as quickly as possible, usually within three business days.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to our "Ad Approvals and Policies" form where you can write to us about your issue.