Social interaction incentives
What's the policy?
Google AdWords doesn't allow ad text that directs users to click on Google +1 buttons or promotes offers, prizes, money, monetary equivalents, services, or deals in exchange for +1 clicks. This policy applies to text ads only.
We've created this policy to protect the integrity of the Google +1 product.
|Ice Cream Bros.
Free medium scoop
Just +1 our website!
| Not allowed
This ad isn't allowed because it offers incentives in return for clicking on the business' +1 button.
Buy a guitar, get a case
+1 lesson free
This ad is allowed because "+1" isn't being used to reference the Google +1 product.
|+1 News Updates
news about Google +1
This ad is allowed because "+1" is being used in reference to news or reviews about Google +1 without directing users to click on any +1 buttons.
What can I do if my ad gets disapproved?
|Disapproval reason||What does it mean?||What do I do now?|
|Social interaction incentives||Your ad was disapproved for encouraging users to click the Google +1 button associated with your business or ad.||Edit your ad so that it doesn't tell users to click the Google +1 button associated with your business or ad. See the section below for instructions on how to edit your ad and resubmit it for review.|
How do I resubmit my ad for review?
If your ad gets disapproved, you can resubmit your ad for review by simply editing your ad and then saving it. To avoid getting disapproved again, make sure you remove any references to the unacceptable content before saving your ad.
Here's how to edit your ad:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Go to your Campaigns tab and then click the Ads tab.
- Place your mouse pointer over the table row that lists the ad you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon next to your ad, and you'll be able to edit your ad right there.
- Click Save when you're done editing your ad.
After editing and saving your ad, the Status column will change to reflect its current status – it'll change from "Disapproved" to "Under review" or "Eligible." We work to review all ads in our program as quickly as possible, usually within one business day.
What happens if I violate this policy?
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with AdWords until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support