Verify your bank account
With bank account (also known as direct debit) billing, Google automatically deducts your AdWords Express costs from your bank account. Learn how to verify your bank account and what to expect when it comes to your ads.
Verifying your bank account
Depending on your country, you may need to verify your bank account to use direct debit.
- If you're in the U.S.: A small test deposit will appear in your bank account within the next 3 days. When it is, follow the instructions below.
- If you're in the U.K.: You don’t need to verify your bank account.
- All other locations: See how to complete a direct debit authorization.
How to verify your bank account
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- Click the Billing settings tab, and then enter the deposit amount into your AdWords Express account.
If you're sure you don't want to use your previous bank account again, you can remove it from your account by visiting the Billing settings page, finding the bank account on the page and clicking Remove. Keep in mind that a new primary payment method needs to be assigned to your account before you can delete the previous one.
If you don't want your ads to run immediately after your bank account is verified, be sure to pause them first.