Costs and payment
- With Home Service ads, you pay only for leads from customers that choose your business.
- You set a weekly budget that limits the total number of leads you receive in any given week.
- You may get a different number of leads from day to day, but you never spend more than your designated weekly budget.
How much Home Service ads cost
Advertisers on Home Service ads are charged for each lead received. The cost of Home Service ads varies, depending on the number of leads you receive. Lead prices may vary, depending on the job type and the method of communication a customer used to reach out to you, but each lead received will count towards your weekly budget. You'll never pay more for leads than the amount you indicate to us in your weekly budget.
Occasionally, your charges may temporarily exceed your weekly budget, such as if two leads are received at the same time when you are low on budget. In these cases, we'll apply a credit to refund any leads that exceeded your weekly budget to ensure that at the end of each week, you haven’t spent more than your budget.
Each week, you’ll get an email notifying you of how many leads you’ve received over the last week and how much they cost.
Protecting you from invalid leads
There are a few cases in which you won't be charged for a lead, including:
- You miss a call and the customer doesn’t leave a voicemail. In this case, you'll be charged only for the lead if you call the customer back and either talk to them or leave a voicemail with them.
- You answer a call, but the customer hangs up quickly or you get disconnected.
- The lead is recognized as spam.
We take spam leads seriously. We do regular manual reviews of leads to make sure that any leads that aren't from real customers are refunded.
If you see a lead that you believe is invalid, please contact us.
How to edit your budget
Your weekly budget governs the number of leads you can receive in any given week, which runs from Monday to Sunday. At some point, you may want to increase or decrease your budget. You can change your weekly budget at any time and as many times as you like. If you change your budget during the middle of the week, it will take effect immediately for the remainder of the week.
- If you decrease your budget below what you've already spent for the week, you'll stop receiving leads for the rest of the week.
- If you've run out of budget and set it above what you've spent, you'll start receiving leads again up until you hit your new budget.
You'll never pay more for leads than the amount you've set for your budget.
To change your budget:
- Sign in to your Home Service ads lead inbox.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Click Ad & budget.
- Click Weekly budget to expand the budget settings.
- Edit the budget as needed.
- Click Save.
How to pay for Home Service ads
Near the beginning of each month, you’ll receive an email with an invoice detailing how much you spent on Home Service ads over the course of the previous month. This email will have a link that will allow you to pay your bill.
Clicking the link takes you to a page where you’ll need to sign in with your Google account. After signing in, you’ll see your outstanding balance. Just enter your credit card details and click Submit to pay.
If you need any help paying your bill, please contact us.