- AdWords Express helps you track the number of times people saw your ad and then clicked your business' pin on Google Maps or got directions to your business.
- Tracking these interactions can help you determine how well your ads are attracting potential customers to visit your store.
How Map actions work
A Map action happens when someone sees your ad and then interacts with your business' pin on Google Maps. An example is when someone sees an ad on Google and then later finds your business on Google Maps or searches for your business on Google Maps and then clicks the pin to view your business details or get directions to your business.
Keep in mind
- If someone views your ad and then clicks your business' pin several times within 24 hours, we'll count the pin click only once.
- Our system can provide data on Map actions only from August 2015 onwards. But, this doesn't necessarily mean your business doesn't have related Map actions.
- Also, if you choose to view Map actions starting from "Today," you might not see any data. Try checking for data, starting from the day before.
Click the link below for instructions to access your Map actions.
How to view your Map actions
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click the ad you want to edit, and then click Dashboard.
- Scroll the page down to the "Map actions" card.