Add a one-time use credit card
- A one-time-use credit card allows you to use a temporary credit card number to make an online payment.
- One-time-use credit card payments are credited almost instantly to your AdWords Express account.
A one-time-use credit card is a credit card number that can be used once and only for a limited time. It's a commonly used alternative to credit cards when making online payments. Many banks offer this kind of credit card, in which you generate a one-time credit card number online. AdWords Express accepts one-time-use credit cards as long as they have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
Contact your bank to see if they offer this service. It can be a great alternative to a bank transfer because one-time-use credit card payments are almost instantly credited to your AdWords Express account, and your ads will start running almost immediately.Processing a one-time use credit card
In some cases, AdWords may test a small charge on your card to make sure it's valid. You won't actually pay that test amount, but the amount of your payment will be reduced by it. For example, if you decide to charge $300 to your card, AdWords may make a test charge of $1 and your card will be charged $299 to run ads.
If your bank declines your manual payment, keep in mind that your one-time-use credit card number might have an expiration date. For all other payment declines, contact your local bank.
How to add a one-time use credit card
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- On the "Transaction history" tab, click Make a payment.
- On the "Payment method" drop-down menu, click Add new credit or debit card, and then enter your one-time-use credit card information.
- Enter your payment amount, and then click Make a payment to review and confirm your payment.
Be sure to include $1 more than your payment amount for card verification.