Edit your budget
- Set a daily or monthly budget for your ads, with the flexibility to change it at any time.
- Choose a budget based on your advertising goals and the amount that you're comfortable spending.
Watch the video
Choose an optionComputer
How to edit your budget
At some point, you may want to increase or decrease your budget. You can change your daily budget at any time and as many times as you like.
- Sign in to your AdWords Express account at https://adwords.google.co.uk/express/
- Click on the business with the ad.
- Click on the arrow next to your ad. From the drop-down menu, select Edit budget.
- Select a new budget or enter your own custom budget.
- Click on OK to save your changes.
How budgets work
It's important to choose a budget that you're comfortable with. AdWords Express will use that budget to help you get the most high-quality clicks possible.How your budget is calculated and allocated per month
With AdWords Express, you set either an average daily budget or maximum monthly budget. If you set an average daily budget, we'll multiply it by 30.4 (the average number of days in the month) to come up with your maximum monthly budget:
|Average daily budget||×||30.4||=||Maximum monthly budget|
Your average daily budget is the average amount that you could spend each day. The actual amount that your ad spends can vary depending on how popular the ad is each day. But don’t worry – the total amount that you spend in a month won't exceed your maximum monthly budget.
If you receive fewer clicks than you've budgeted for, then you’ll only be charged for the clicks that you received. For example, if you set a maximum monthly budget of £50, but you only receive £13 of clicks, you’ll only be charged £13.
What happens if you change your budget
- If you increase your budget in the middle of a billing period, the maximum amount that you'll be charged for the month will also change:
|Maximum monthly charge||=||Total amount spent before budget change||+||(New average daily budget × Number of days remaining in month)|
- If you decrease your budget in the middle of a billing period, the monthly budget is lowered as well. For example, let's say that your monthly budget was £500, but you lowered it to £200. If you already spent £200 that month, we'll simply stop running your ads until your next billing period begins.
When you create your AdWords Express ad, we'll recommend budgets based on the average click volume for your business type and your location. But of course, you can always specify your own budget. You can also try the AdWords Express budgeting tool to see recommended budgets for your location and for the type of product or service that your business offers.
Here are a few things to bear in mind when setting your budget for multiple ads or locations:
If you decide to run multiple ads for your business, each ad has its own budget. Together, the budget for each ad will add up to your total AdWords Express budget.
Jack owns a musical instrument shop and decides he wants to advertise both the piano and the guitar departments. He creates a piano ad with a £30 daily budget and a guitar ad with a £20 daily budget. Assuming that his budgets don’t change, Jack's total average daily budget will be up to £50 (£30 + £20).
If you are advertising multiple businesses or business locations on AdWords Express, you'll set a separate budget for each ad that you create.
Sarah owns three pet shops in London. She creates separate ads for each shop, each with an average daily budget of £30. Assuming her budgets don’t change, Sarah’s total average daily budget will be up to £90 (3 X £30).
Edit your budget
When you open the AdWords Express mobile app, we'll show you a list of the businesses associated with your account. Touch the name of your business to see any ads that you've created, and the amount that each ad has spent this month.
- Touch the name of your business.
- Touch View stats under the ad you wish to edit.
- Scroll down to the "Monthly budget" card and touch Edit.
- Touch the budget amount or use the slider to edit your budget settings.
- Touch Save when you’ve finished.