Requesting a refund
If you have credit left over in your AdWords Express account, you can request a refund by cancelling your AdWords account. Your refund will be credited back to your bank account or to the credit card associated with your account.
First, bear in mind that we don't offer refunds in the following cases:
- You have money left over in your account from a promotional code.
- You have an outstanding balance - that is, you owe us money. If you're not sure whether this is the case, click the Billing tab and see if there's an outstanding balance.
Based on how you've paid for AdWords Express, here's what you can expect:
- Credit card or bank account (direct debit): We'll automatically initiate a refund to the credit card or bank account that you originally used to make your payment.
Processing time: four weeks, depending on your bank or credit card company.
- Funds transfer: We'll need you to share your bank account details with us to process your refund. We want to make sure that we send your refund to the right account! When you cancel your account, we'll give you the fax numbers for our payment processor.
Processing time: four weeks, once you send us your bank details.
Next, learn how to cancel your account, send us bank information and anticipate processing times.
Cancelling your account
During the cancellation process, you'll see any potential refund available to you. Click the link below to see instructions to cancel your account and start your refund process.
If you change your mind, then you can reactivate your account by signing in and following the prompts. You can then update your payment information and make a payment to start running your ads again.
How to cancel your account
- Sign in to your AdWords account (instead of AdWords Express).
- Click the gear icon at the top.
- Click on Account settings.
- On the 'Preferences' page, under 'Account cancellation', click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already cancelled or doesn't have administrative access.
- Fill in the rest of the page and click Submit request. Your account will be cancelled.
If you change your mind (and we hope you do!) you can reactivate your account by signing in and following the prompts. Then update your payment information and make a payment to start running your ads again.Sending us your bank information
If you cancelled your account but didn't provide your bank details during the process, don't worry - you can still send us your bank information to get your refund.
Here's what we'll need from you (contact your bank if you're not sure what some of these things are):
- Google AdWords Express Customer ID
You can find this by clicking the gear icon in your account.
- Name on the Bank Account
- Bank Account Number
- Sort Code
- Bank code
- Bank address
- Bank Swift Code
- IBAN (EU Customers only)
- A copy of W-9 (US Customers only)
- IFSC Code (For Indian bank accounts only)
When you have all the necessary information, fax it to our payment processors at one of these numbers:
- Advertisers in the United States: +1 650 653 2520 (U.S headquarters)
- Advertisers in Japan: First, complete this refund form, then fax it to 03-6745-8074.
- All other advertisers: +353 1 633 5884 (Dublin, Ireland headquarters)
If you’re faxing the Dublin headquarters, make sure that you follow these tips to send your fax successfully:
- If you're located within Ireland, dial 01-633-5884.
- If you're located outside Ireland: The "+" in the fax number prefix represents the digits required to make an international call from your country. Many countries, including the UK, use "00". Check with your phone service if you're not sure what the international dialling code is in your country. The "353" in the prefix is required to route your call to Ireland. To reach the fax number, dial the appropriate digits for "+" in your country. Then dial 353 1 633 5884. (Don't dial "0" before the "1".)
These fax numbers are used only to collect your bank information. When you use them, you won't receive a response – so it's best not to send any questions. That's because our payment processors are busy processing your refund, which you'll receive about 4 weeks later.
Timelines and delayed refunds
Refunds typically take up to four weeks to process. And it can take 10 working days for your bank or credit card company to credit the refund to your account, depending on their own processes.
If you've waited longer than 6 weeks, please contact us.
You can cancel your refund request if we haven't started processing your requests - that is, if we haven't sent you a confirmation email about your refund. Just reactivate your account.
Have more questions about AdWords Express?
Contact us via phone or email! We’re here to help.
- Understand credits and adjustments to your account.