Complete a test deposit or debit authorization
To use your bank account as a payment method (also known as direct debit), you'll need to verify your bank account before your ads can start showing. You can verify your bank account through a test deposit or debit authorization, depending on where your business is located.
If you'd like to see the process for a different country, click the drop-down menu above.
How to find and enter a test deposit
- Review your bank records and search for a deposit from Google Inc. or AFS, Google's payment partner.
The deposit should be between $0.15 and $1.15.
- When you find the deposit, note the exact amount of the deposit.
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- Click the Billing settings tab.
- Find your bank account and click Verify test deposit.
- Enter the amount of the test deposit and click Submit.
After you enter the correct amount, you can start using your bank account as your primary payment method. Your ads will start running at this point, if they weren't already.
Failed test deposits
Every now and then, our attempt to make a test deposit doesn't work. If this happens, you'll receive an email and see a notice in your billing page. There are several reasons why the test deposit might not work, including:
- Your bank account information was entered incorrectly.
- Your bank account no longer exists.
- Your bank account has a restriction against automatic bank account payments.
If your test deposit failed, please check the accuracy of the bank account information you provided.
Aw, shucks. We weren't able to determine your billing country.
Please click the drop-down menu above to see direct debit information for your country.
If you don't see your country listed, that means we don't support direct debit in that country.