Edit your payment method
A payment method is what you use to pay for AdWords Express. For example, you might be paying with a credit card or bank account. If you ever want to edit your payment method, go to your billing page and click Billing settings to make changes.
Edit your payment method
- Sign into your AdWords Express account.
- Click the menu at the top.
- Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the menu again at the top.
- Click Billing.
- Click the Billing settings tab.
- Under "Available payment methods," click Edit.
- Edit as needed.
- Click Save.
More details about editing your payment method
- If you update your AdWords Express payment method, but you also have AdWords ads with the same account, you'll update the payment method for both AdWords and AdWords Express.
- If you use automatic payments, you'll always need to have a primary payment method associated with your account. If you ever want to remove this, add a new payment method and assign it as a primary—you can then remove your old primary payment method.
- If your credit card has expired and you receive a new credit card with the same account number and an updated expiration date, you'll want to edit your card details—not add a new one.
- If the number of your credit card or bank account has changed, we consider this to be a new credit card or bank account. You'll need to add it as a new payment method. Then, remove your outdated payment method.
- You don't need to re-enter your CVV number if your credit card number stays the same or your CVV number changes.
Access to billing and payments
Choosing who can perform such tasks as making payments, changing payment methods, or receiving invoices is managed in your payments profile. This profile, even if created and updated in AdWords Express, can be used in other Google products. Similarly, if you already have a payments relationship established with Google because you’ve used Google Play, for example, you can reuse that profile in AdWords Express without reentering all of your billing information. Learn more about payments profiles.
Reuse your profile
Though you can create and manage your payments profile entirely within your AdWords Express account, it actually can be used in other Google products. This means that a profile created within AdWords Express can be used to pay for services in many other Google products, like Google Play or Google Analytics premium features. This also means that if you have already established a payments relationship in an existing AdWords Express account or in another Google product, you can choose to use that profile without reentering all your information or creating a new profile for AdWords. It’s important to note that permissions for these profiles are managed through the Google payments center, not in AdWords account permissions. Learn more about reusable profiles in the Google payments help center.