Campaign bidding options
AdWords Editor supports the following AdWords bidding options:
- Manual cost-per-click (CPC) bidding
- Automatic CPC bidding (learn more)
- Conversion Optimizer, also called cost-per-acquisition, or CPA bidding (learn more)
- Manual cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding
If a campaign uses one of the supported bidding options, you can download the campaign to AdWords Editor, update its contents (such as ad groups and ads), and post your changes. You can also view the campaign's bidding option on the Campaigns tab in a read-only Bidding option column.
AdWords Editor currently doesn't support the following changes:
- If a campaign has one of the flexible bid strategies, or if an ad group or keyword has its own bidding strategy, it isn't possible to edit any bids in the affected campaign in AdWords Editor.
- It isn't possible to change a campaign's bidding option in AdWords Editor. For example, you may not enable the Conversion Optimizer or change from CPC bidding to CPM bidding. To change bidding options, please sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.