6 steps to using AdWords Editor
To use AdWords Editor, first download one or more accounts. Then, you can make changes offline and upload the changes to AdWords.
- Review your settings: The AdWords Editor settings include default targeting for new campaigns and other important details. Before using AdWords Editor, review your settings in Tools > Settings (Windows) or AdWords Editor > Preferences (Mac).
- Download an account: Start by downloading one or more AdWords accounts.
- Make changes to the account: You can make individual changes (e.g. copy and paste a keyword to a different ad group) or make changes in bulk (e.g. replace text across multiple ads, or import a list of updated campaigns). To see detailed instructions for a specific kind of change, search or browse this Help Center.
- Share changes (optional): You can share proposed changes with colleagues or reviewers, then import and review their changes.
- Check changes: Before posting your changes to AdWords, run Check changes and address any errors or warnings.
- Post changes: After you post to AdWords, your changes appear in your AdWords account.