You can revert edits, additions, and deletions any time before you post the changes to your AdWords account.
Option 1: Revert selected changes
To revert selected unposted changes, follow these steps:
- In the tree view, select the account, campaign, or ad group containing the changes to revert.
- Select the appropriate tab. (For example, to revert a keyword edit, select the Keywords tab.)
- Select the rows containing the changes to revert.
- Click Revert selected changes in the tab tool bar.
Notes about reverting changes:
- Reverting changes is not exactly like a typical undo command. If you've changed an item multiple times, you can't go back through each change and undo each one. For example, if you edit a text ad twice, then select it and click Revert selected changes, the text ad goes back to the version that you most recently downloaded, not to your first edited version.
- Some changes that appear to be just one change are actually two changes. For example, moving a keyword from one ad group to another is two changes: deleting it from the old ad group, and adding it to the new ad group. If you select this keyword and click Revert selected changes, AdWords Editor reverts the addition, but it will not re-add the keyword to its original ad group.
Option 2: Download a fresh version of your account or specific campaigns
To start over completely and remove any unposted changes, re-download your account from the Account menu > Get full account.
Once you post your changes, there's no way to undo the changes automatically. However, you can revert to a previous version of your account by importing an AdWords Editor Archive file.
Tip: Save a backup of your account
If you plan to make significant changes to your account and you'd like the option to revert the changes in the future, export an archive file before you make your changes. Then, if you wish to undo your changes, you can simply import the archive file and restore your account to its current state.
To export a backup of your account or specific campaigns:
- Go to the File menu > Export backup (AEA).
- Select the location where you'd like to save the file.
- Click Save.
Later, you can restore your account to its present state by importing the archived file.