Edit text ads
AdWords Editor offers several ways to edit your text ads. You can select and edit one or more ads manually, or you can use one of the tools for advanced search and editing.
Select and edit one or more text ads
- In the tree view, select the ad group containing the text ads you wish to edit.
- Click the Text Ads tab.
- Select one or more text ads.
- Edit your headline, description lines, display URL, destination URL, or status in the edit panel, or type directly in the data view. When more than one text ad is selected, any changes made in a given field apply to all selected text ads.
Tools for advanced search and editing
- Change a large number of text ads simultaneously by replacing your existing text ads with new or revised text ads.
- Find and edit or delete a set of text ads with particular characteristics (clickthrough rate, status, etc.) with advanced search.
- Edit multiple destination URLs with Advanced URL changes.
- Use the Append text tool to add text to a particular column in all selected rows.
- Use the Replace text tool to find and replace text in your ads.
- Use the Add Multiple Text Ads tool to change the status for multiple ads at once.