Adjust or sort the data view
Sort rows in the data view
To sort the rows in the data view, click a column header. For example, to sort your keywords by match type, click Type. To reverse the order of rows, click the column header again. To return the rows to their original order, click a third time.
Adjust column width
To adjust a column automatically to the width of its contents, double-click the column header or right-click the column header and select Auto-size Column. To auto-size all columns at once, click the column chooser and select Auto-size All Columns.
You may freeze certain columns on the left-hand side so that they stay put as you scroll horizontally. This makes it easier to keep track of the items you want to see, especially if your table becomes very wide and includes various stats columns. To freeze columns, right-click the column header you want to freeze, and select Freeze column.
Add or remove columns
- Right-click any column header to see a list of all available columns for your data view.
- Check the column headings that you’d like to add, or un-check the column headings you’d like to remove.
Make more space in the data view
Here are a few ways to open up more space in the data view:
- Hide the account tree: Collapse the tree view by double-clicking the dividing bar between the tree view and data view. To expand it, double-click on the divider at the side of the data view. You can also click and drag the divider to make the tree view wider or narrower.
- Hide error message descriptions: Click the minus (-) that appears in the corner of the error message panel. To expand it again, click the plus (+) that appears at the end of the collapsed bar.
- Hide the downloaded/proposed changes panels: When you download recent changes or import a share file, a panel appears at the top of your screen with instructions for reviewing the changes. You can dismiss this panel to expand the size of your data view.
- Hide columns: You can hide specific columns with the column chooser, located at the end of the row of column headers.
- Hide the edit panel (AdWords Editor 10.6 and earlier): Collapse the edit panel below the data view by clicking the triangle next to the name of the panel.
See row count in the status bar
The status bar, located below the edit panel, displays the number of rows you've selected of the total. For example, if you select 50 of the 100 keywords in the data view, the status bar displays
Keywords selected: 50 of 100.
Adjust text size
Use the zoom control, located in the bottom corner of your AdWords Editor screen, to enlarge or shrink the text in the data view. The default setting is 100%, but you can select other values from the drop-down menu.
View keyword word count
To view your keyword word count, add the column Keyword word count in your data view. You might need to scroll horizontally to see the column.
You can also view the length of keyword text in display in the Keyword display width. (Note: this column is hidden by default.)