Find keywords based on terms or phrases
Keyword Opportunities tool
The Keyword expansion tab in the Keyword Opportunities tool enables you to generate keyword ideas based on descriptive words or phrases. After you get keyword ideas, you can copy the new keywords or add them directly to new or existing ad groups.
- Select Tools > Keyword Opportunities.
- On the Keyword expansion tab, enter a descriptive word or phrase.
- Click Get keywords.
You can update or refine the list in the following ways:
- See more keyword results: Check the box labeled "Include additional terms" to see more terms that are related to your descriptive word or phrase, When this box is checked, related results appear below a horizontal line in your keyword list (you may have to scroll down to see it).
- Filter results: To narrow the list of keywords, use the "Filter results" box. For example, type "car" in the box to view only keywords containing the word "car."
- Sort the list: The list of results is sorted by relevance, but you can change the order by clicking on the column headers. Click once to sort from low to high, twice to sort from high to low, and three times to return the list to its original order.
- Change your locale: By default, the keyword results are based on the locale specified in your AdWords Editor settings. You can see results for a different language or location by changing the Keyword Opportunities locale.