A status given to ads that can't run until Google reviews and approves them according to our policies.
- Whenever you create or edit an ad, Google reviews the ad to make sure that it complies with our advertising policies and is safe and appropriate for users.
- When you save your ad, it will typically appear with the status "under review" or "eligible." While "eligible" ads are allowed to run on certain pages before they're approved, "under review" ads can't run anywhere until they're reviewed and approved because they need a closer look to make sure that they follow our policies.
- Some types of ads will automatically be marked "under review" at first, including image and video ads, ads in campaigns that only target Google Network partner sites, and text ads that seem to relate to a product policy like gambling or alcohol.
- We work hard to review ads as quickly as possible, and we review most ads within 1 business day. Some reviews may take longer because some ads require more complex review. If your ad is under review for more than 1 full business day, please contact us and we'll be happy to help you.
- Find your ad's approval status by looking at the "Status" column in the Ads tab of your Campaigns page.