How do I put an account on MDS?
First, you need to enable your My Client Center (MCC) account for Manager Defined Spend (MDS). During this process, you decide which managed accounts to put on MDS.
If you've already enabled your MCC account for MDS, you can move additional client accounts to MDS at any time. The one exception is for prepay accounts. If your account is on prepay, please contact us to transition to MDS.
Otherwise, follow these two steps to put your managed account on MDS:
- Link the managed account to your MCC account, if it isn't already.
- Create an MDS budget for the managed account. This will convert the account to MDS.
A few things to note:
- Your old payment instrument (e.g., your credit card) will be charged at the end of the billing period for any unpaid costs accrued before you converted to MDS.
- All future charges will be included on your monthly consolidated invoice.
- If your managed account is on monthly invoicing, the budget shown on the Budget Management page will automatically end once you create an MDS budget.