Create a TrueView for action campaign
TrueView for action campaigns help drive leads and conversions by adding prominent CTAs (calls-to-action) and headline text overlays to your video ads. Using this video campaign subtype, you can encourage customers to explore your product or service, share their contact information, and take other actions valuable to your business.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up a TrueView for action campaign in AdWords.
How it works
TrueView for actions are made up of CTAs (calls-to-action) and a headline.
- TrueView for action campaigns are available for video campaigns on YouTube.
- TrueView for actions campaigns can only run on the in-stream ad format. This means that they play before, during, or after another video on YouTube. These ads also give viewers the option to skip the ad after 5 seconds.
- Headlines can contain up to 15 characters and is the primary line of text next to your video ad.
- Headlines promotes your product or service.
- CTAs can contain up to 10 characters and appears alongside your headline.
- CTAs direct people to the website you specify as your final URL.
- TrueView for action campaign ads can increase viewer engagement and encourage people to take action after your video plays.
Below, you’ll find instructions for how to set up a TrueView for actions campaign in AdWords.
Before you begin
Also, you'll need to set up conversion tracking in order to run a TrueView for action campaign.
TrueView for action campaigns can be created using the Leads or Website traffic goals, which recommend settings and features that can attract people to your business. You can use the Leads and Website traffic goals to drive relevant conversions on your website and increase your website’s overall number of unique visitors. Both goals feature automated bidding and targeting so you can optimize your campaign’s performance.
Here are step-by-step instructions for creating a TrueView for action campaign:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- In the page menu along the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button .
- Select either the Leads or Website traffic goal, which by default come with "Drive conversions" subtype.
- If this step doesn’t reflect what you’re seeing in your account, select a campaign type first then select a goal. Learn more about goals in the new AdWords experience.
- Select the Video campaign type.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a name for your campaign.
- You may set your budget type to Daily and enter the average amount you would like to spend each day, or Campaign total and enter the total budget for this campaign. You may also set the budget delivery method to Standard to spend your budget evenly over time, or to Accelerated, which spends the budget more quickly and may cause the budget to run out early.
- Set the start and end dates of your campaign.
- Select the Languages your customers speak, as well as which Locations to target.
- Under “Bidding,” set your bid strategy to Target CPA (Cost Per Action). Set your bid amount.
- Enter a name for your ad group.
- Edit the targeting methods you want to use for your ad.
- Next to “Your YouTube video,” choose a YouTube video for your ad. Note: “In-stream ad” will automatically be selected for the ad format. Note: You can always save your ad group without creating an ad.
- Enter the final URL, which is the landing page you want people to reach when they click your ad.
- Enter the display URL, which can be a shorter version of the final URL, or the same as the final URL.
- Enter a 10-character CTA, which should be compelling and direct people to the website specified in the final URL.
- Enter your 15-character headline, which will appear as the primary line of text that promotes your product or service.
- Click Save and continue.