About Audience manager
Audience manager is the home of Audience lists, Audience sources, and Audience insights.
Using the new AdWords experience, Audience manager can help save time and effort by providing existing remarketing and audience list functionality in a more intuitive way.
This article explains the benefits of Audience manager and how it works. For setup instructions, see About remarketing setup.
- Set up, manage, and monitor your Audience sources, such as the AdWords tag, an App analytics provider, or a YouTube channel.
- Create new audience lists based on the Audience sources you've set up.
- Learn more about the audience who makes up your remarketing lists, such as demographics, interests, locations, and devices.
How Audience manager works
To find the Audience manager, click the tool icon in the top right corner of your screen and look under "Shared library." Within the page menu of Audience manager you'll find 3 sections: Audience sources, Audience lists, and Audience insights.
Audience manager starts with you adding sources of first-party data into Audience sources. Based on these audiences sources you can create remarketing lists. You can add the following audience sources:
- AdWords tag: Collect data from your website to remarket to people who visited your website. You can set up granular user attributes used for personalized creatives.
- Google Analytics: Import audiences built in Google Analytics to remarket to them with AdWords. You can set up granular user attributes used for personalized creatives.
- YouTube: Remarket to people who have seen your channel, track what people do after watching video ads, and drive clicks with call-to-action overlays
- Google Play: Create remarketing lists based on current app users and in-app purchasers
- App analytics: Link a third-party app analytics provider (including Firebase) or your own software development kit (SDK) to your account to remarket to people who use your app.
- Customer data: Upload customer contact information to show ads to your customers while they browse across Google's properties like Google Search, YouTube, or Gmail
Audience lists is where you create new audiences to target as remarketing lists based on the Audience sources you’ve added. You can also view any previously created remarketing lists. The Audience lists table helps you manage your remarketing lists by searching, sorting, filtering, applying labels, deleting, and grouping lists.
Audience insights use Google's network data to help you understand more about your audience members and recognize key patterns and opportunities. It breaks down the audiences in your remarketing lists by affinity categories, in-market categories, age, gender, geography, devices, and more. This tool provides insights that can be translated into practical campaign decisions to attract new people or optimize creatives. Learn more About Audience insights.