Set content exclusions and site category options for Display campaigns
Content exclusion settings let you opt out of showing your ads alongside certain categories of websites and mobile apps that may not be appropriate for your brand.
This article gives step-by-step instructions on how to set content exclusions in your account.
Before you begin
If you’re not familiar with content exclusions or you aren’t sure which settings are right for you, read About content exclusions and site category options for Display campaigns first.
Note: In the previous AdWords experience, these settings are called “Site category options” for Display campaigns.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
How to set category options in Display campaigns
Modifying a campaign
- Go to your Display Network tab and click + Targeting, which is located above the graph.
- Under “Campaign exclusions” select a campaign.
- Click the “Add campaign exclusions” drop-down menu and select "Site category options."
- In the panel that opens, set your site category options to “Enabled” or “Excluded.” Note: “Gambling” is excluded from all campaigns by default.
- Click Close and then Save.