See extension performance
Extensions add information to your text ads—for example, your business locations, phone number, or links to particular webpages. If you’ve added extensions to your ads, you can see their performance in your account. Use extension reporting to check whether extensions are showing, how they’re showing, and if they’re generating clicks or other interactions (like calls, messages, or downloads). You can use these numbers to get a better understanding of the value of your extensions for your overall ROI.
Before you begin
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
Use the Ad extensions tab to view statistics for all of the ad extensions in your campaigns. You can also manage your ad extensions on this tab. If you've enabled ad extensions in at least one campaign, the Ad extensions tab automatically appears in your account.
How to find your Ad extensions tab and view your statistics
- Sign into your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
- Click the View: drop-down button and choose the type of extension you'd like to see statistics for.
- To see extension statistics across all of your campaigns, select "All campaigns" from the side navigation. Otherwise, select the campaign you're interested in.
- Each extension will appear in its own row, including extensions that have yet to accrue any statistics.
How to monitor your automated extensions performance
You can analyze the performance of ads that contain a type of automated extension from the Ad extensions tab. The "Clicks" column counts clicks on your ad headline when your automated extensions appeared with it.
Here's how to see your performance data:
- Select a campaign with automated extensions. Then, click the Ad extensions tab.
- Choose View: Automated extensions from the View drop-down menu.
- You'll see a statistics table that contains data on the performance of your ads when the automated extension appears.
How to check whether your ad extensions are showing
To check whether your ad extensions are showing for a particular keyword, use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool.
To check your ad extensions approval status, click the Ad extensions tab then, choose the extension you’re interested in from the View drop-down menu. Check the Status column to see whether your extension is approved, and the impressions (“Impr.”) column to see whether your extension has gotten impressions over the selected time period.
You can also add the Policy Details column to your statistics view. This column will show you additional reasons that may be prevent your extensions from showing, including:
- Disapproval reasons or other policy issues
- Validation errors caused by your extensions settings