About Google video partners
Google video partners are high-quality publisher websites and mobile apps where you can show your video ads to viewers beyond YouTube.
Video partner publishers are carefully vetted and must meet Google’s inventory quality standards. In this article, you’ll learn about how ads appear on video partners, available content controls and benefits of using video partners.
The following video ad formats can run on Google video partners:
- TrueView In-stream ads
- Bumper video ads (short video ads of 6 seconds or less)
- Non-skippable in-stream ads created in the display Ad gallery
For new TrueView in-stream and bumper campaigns, video partners are included by default. To include or exclude video partners from an existing campaign, click Edit next to “Networks” in your campaign settings and toggle the box for “Video partners on the Display Network”.
Non-skippable in-stream ads created in the Ad gallery run on video partners by default.
Where ads can appear on video partners
Video ads on video partners can appear on computers, tablet, mobile web browsers and mobile apps. Ads are delivered within a video player or as an interstitial (mobile apps only). Video partner sites and apps include content in many categories, such as entertainment, sports, news and technology.
|TrueView in-stream on a Google video partners website:||Interstitial on a Google video partners app:|
Benefits of using Google video partners
Show ads on content that fits your brand
Video ads on Google video partners offer the same robust controls, content settings and targeting that’s available on YouTube. This allows you to have more control over what type of content your ads can appear on or next to, and better tailor your campaigns to fit your brand.
Here are some ways you can have more control over where your ads may appear:
- Top content bid adjustments: Set higher bids for content measured by our system to be popular and tends to get more traffic and engagement. Find out more
- Exclude certain placements: See where ads appeared in the “Where ads were shown” tab, under “Placements” in your “Video targeting” tab. Placements that aren’t appropriate for your brand or don’t perform well for your audience can be excluded. Find out more
- Content exclusions: Like on YouTube, content on video partners is categorised using digital content labels. Mature and unlabelled content is excluded from video campaigns by default. You can exclude additional categories like sensitive subjects or embedded videos. Find out more
Engage new viewers outside of YouTube
- Reach: Video partners can help you engage new users outside of YouTube, so you can increase the reach of your video ads. You can use the same targeting options across YouTube and video partners and measure your performance by using segments.
- YouTube views: When a TrueView in-stream ad is watched on video partners, it will increment the view count of your YouTube video.
- Impact: Ads on video partners can help customers become more aware of your products and more interested in your brand.