Add and edit call extensions in bulk
Call extensions show your phone number with your ad. If you use many call extensions, save yourself time by adding and uploading them in bulk. To learn more about call extensions, start with About call extensions. For instructions on how to add just a few call extensions, go to Use call extensions.
How to add call extensions in bulk with spreadsheets
Download the spreadsheet template
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
- From the Edit menu, select Download spreadsheet template.
- Select the format for your report.
- Click Download.
Make your changes to the spreadsheet
To add a call extension, you must specify:
- Phone number: The number that will be called when a customer clicks your extension.
- Country code: The country where your phone number is listed. For example, if your phone number is in the United States of America, you would put US.
- Use forwarding number (optional): Whether you want to use a Google forwarding number with your ad to enable call reporting. You can enter yes or no. The default is no.
Upload your spreadsheet to apply and save your bulk changes
- In your AdWords account, click Campaigns.
- Go to the tab that contains the type of items you want to upload. For example, if you want to upload changes to ad groups, go to the Ad groups tab.
- From the Edit menu, select Upload spreadsheet.
- In the dialog box that opens, select your spreadsheet.
- Click Upload and preview.
- Once your file has finished uploading, we recommend you click Preview changes to make sure the changes in your spreadsheet are accurately reflected in your account.
- If the preview of your changes looks good, click Apply changes.
How to make bulk changes from the Edit menu
You can bulk-edit all manual extensions except location extensions. Here’s how:
- Click the Ad extensions tab, and choose the extension you want to bulk-edit from the View: drop-down menu above the statistics table.
- Check the boxes next to all the extensions you want to edit at once.
- Click the Edit button next to the +Extension, and make your changes.