About call-only campaigns
To get phone calls to your business, set up a call-only campaign to encourage customers to call you by clicking or tapping your ad. With call-only campaigns, you bid to drive calls to your business instead of clicks to your website. You can set your ads to show only when your business can take calls, so you won’t miss an opportunity to connect with your customers.
How they work
Ads created in call-only campaigns are fine-tuned to show only on mobile devices that are capable of making calls. Taps on these ads will only generate calls — they won’t link to a website. These ads also are very flexible with how they can appear. To optimize for mobile and enhance performance, your ads may not always show every line of text you enter when setting up your campaign.
Here are some key points to know about using call-only campaigns:
- You can share your phone numbers across ads within an ad group or entire campaign.
- You can set numbers to show only when your business can take calls.
- You can count calls as conversions. Learn more about call conversions.
- Clicks on your number are the same cost as headline clicks (a standard CPC).
- Call-only campaigns are not yet available for campaigns targeting the Display Network.
- When you create a new ad in your call-only campaign, you’ll be asked to enter a phone number for your business. In order to verify your ad and number, we’ll ask for a verification URL, which should lead to page that displays your phone number. Learn more about the policy for ads with phone numbers.
Bidding and reporting
Because call-only campaigns only allow clicks to call, you’re able to bid for calls to your business instead of clicks to your website. This means your cost per click bid should match the value you would place on a phone call from your ad. The default bid strategy is maximize clicks, or in this case, calls. If you’ve set up conversion tracking for calls, you can use maximize conversions, or Target CPA bidding.
Calls from your ads will appear under the “Clicks” column in your reporting table for each call-only campaign.