Add or edit sitelink extensions in bulk
If you use many sitelink extensions, save yourself time by adding and uploading them in bulk.
How to make bulk edits from the Edit menu
You can bulk-edit all manual extensions except location extensions. Here’s how:
- Click the Ad extensions tab, and choose the extension you want to bulk-edit from the View: drop-down menu above the statistics table.
- Check the boxes next to all the extensions you want to edit at once.
- Click the Edit button next to the +Extension button, and make your changes.
How to make bulk edits and additions with a spreadsheet
First, download the spreadsheet template.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
- From the Edit menu, select Download spreadsheet template.
- Select the format for your report.
- Click Download.
Next, make your changes to the spreadsheet. To add a sitelink extension, you must specify:
- Sitelink text: The text that you want to appear as the clickable link in your sitelink.
- Final URL: The URL where the link in your sitelink will lead.
- Description 1 and Description 2 (optional): Descriptive text that will appear below your sitelink link text. This text should provide additional information to your target customer about what they will find if they follow your sitelink.
Then, upload your spreadsheet to apply and save your bulk changes.
- In your AdWords account, click Campaigns.
- Go to the tab that contains the type of items you want to upload. For example, if you want to upload changes to ad groups, go to the Ad groups tab.
- From the Edit menu, select Upload spreadsheet….
- In the dialog box that opens, select your spreadsheet.
- Click Upload and preview.
- Once your file has finished uploading, we recommend you click Preview changes to make sure the changes in your spreadsheet are accurately reflected in your account.
- If the preview of your changes looks good, click Apply changes.