Check your ad group status
The "Status" column of your Ad groups lets you know if your ad group is active. Based on your ad group's status, you can find out:
- Which of your ad groups are paused, enabled, or other states
- What changes you need to make to an ad group or its campaign
- Whether or not an ad group has been approved based on AdWords policies
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
- Click the Ad groups tab.
- See the ad group status in the "Status" column.
- You can click the “Status” heading to reorder your ad groups by status.
What your ad group status means
|Ad group status||What it means|
|Eligible||This ad group’s set to run. It’s a good idea to check the Ads tab to see if policy violations are keeping individual ads from running.|
|Paused||You’ve temporarily stopped this ad group from showing ads. Its ads aren’t running. You can resume the paused ad group to start ads again.|
|Removed||You’ve removed this ad group. Its ads aren’t running. You can resume the removed ad group to start ads again.|
|Incomplete||You haven’t set up necessary parts of this ad group (like keywords or ads). Its ads aren’t running.|
|Campaign paused||You've paused this ad group’s campaign. Its ads aren’t running. You can resume the paused campaign to start ads again.|
|Campaign removed||You’ve removed this ad group’s campaign. Its ads aren’t running. You can resume the removed campaign to start ads again.|
|Campaign suspended||The ad group isn't running because your prepaid account balance has run out. Your campaign and the ad groups within it will resume after you add funds.|
|Campaign ended||This ad group’s in a campaign that’s passed its end date. Its ads aren’t running.|
|Campaign pending||You’ve scheduled this ad group’s campaign to start later. Its ads aren’t running yet.|