About your AdWords account limits
Your account has maximum limits on areas such as the maximum number of keywords that you can have. While you'll probably never notice them, bear these limits in mind when planning your future advertising efforts.
This article lists limits for several key areas of your account.
Campaign and ad group limits
- 10,000 campaigns per account (includes active and paused)
- 20,000 ad groups per campaign
- 20,000 ad group targeting items per ad group (such as keywords, placements and audience lists)
- 300 image/gallery ads per ad group
- 50 active text and non-image/gallery ads per ad group
- 4 million ads per account (includes active and paused)
- 5 million ad group targeting items per account (such as keywords, placements and audience lists)
- 1 million campaign targeting items per account (such as location targets and campaign-level negative keywords)
- 10,000 location targets per campaign, targeted and excluded, including up to 500 proximity targets per campaign
- 20 shared placement exclusion lists per account, with a maximum of 65,000 exclusions per list
- 65,000 account-level placement exclusions per account (separate from your list, campaign, and ad group exclusions)
- 128,000 total placement exclusions per ad group (this includes the total of your account, list, campaign and ad group exclusions)
- 11,000 shared budgets per account
Negative keyword limits
- 20 shared negative keyword lists per account
- 5,000 keywords per negative keyword list
- 10,000 negative keywords per campaign
- A maximum of 5,000 negative keywords are considered for Display Network and Video campaigns
Limits for business data and feeds
- 5 million rows or feed items per account for dynamic ads, ad customisers and extensions
- 100 user-generated feeds or business data sets per account
- 3,000 bytes per attribute (roughly 750 – 3,000 characters, depending on the byte size of the character)
Ad extension limits
- 250,000 ad group-level extensions per account*
- 50,000 campaign-level extensions per account*
- 10,000 ad group-level extensions per campaign*
** For example, let's say that you have one campaign with an extension containing eight sitelinks. Then you add these same sitelinks to another campaign and also to ten ad groups in a third campaign. Now, your account has eight feed items, two campaign-level extensions and ten ad group-level extensions.
Manager account limits
The maximum number of active non-manager accounts that your top-level manager account can be linked to is based on your accounts’ total monthly spend from over the last 12 months. Learn more about maximum account limits for manager accounts.
Bear in mind
Removed items do not count towards your account limits.