About your AdWords account limits
Your account has maximum limits on areas like the maximum number of keywords that you can have. While you'll probably never notice them, keep these limits in mind when planning your future advertising efforts.
This article lists out those limits for several areas of your account.
Campaign and ad group limits
- 10,000 campaigns (includes active and paused campaigns)
- 20,000 ad groups per campaign
- 20,000 ad group targeting items per ad group (such as keywords, placements and audience lists)
- 300 image/gallery ads
- 50 text and non-image/gallery ads per ad group
- 4 million active or paused ads per account
- 5 million ad group targeting items per account (such as keywords, placements and audience lists)
- 1 million campaign targeting items per account (such as geo target and campaign-level negative keywords)
- 10,000 location targets (targeted and excluded) per campaign, including up to 500 proximity targets per campaign
- 20 shared negative placement lists per account
- 65,000 placements per negative placement list
- 11,000 shared budgets per account
Negative keyword limits
- 20 shared negative keyword lists per account
- 5,000 keywords per negative keyword list
- 10,000 negative keywords per campaign
Limits for business data and feeds
- 5 million rows or feed items per account for dynamic ads, ad customisers and extensions
- 100 user-generated feeds or business data sets per account
- 3,000 bytes per attribute (roughly 750 – 3,000 characters, depending on the byte size of the character)
Ad extension limits
- 250,000 ad group-level extensions per account*
- 50,000 campaign-level extensions per account*
- 10,000 ad group-level extensions per campaign*
** For example, let's say that you have one campaign with an extension containing eight sitelinks. Then you add these same sitelinks to another campaign and also to ten ad groups in a third campaign. Now, your account has eight feed items, two campaign-level extensions and ten ad group-level extensions.
Bear in mind
Removed items do not count towards your account limits.