Create an ad schedule
An ad schedule allows you to display ads or change bids during certain times.
This article explains how to create a schedule for an ad.
Select the AdWords experience that you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click on the Campaigns tab at the top.
- Under All campaigns, click the name of the campaign to be scheduled.
- Click the Settings tab, then click Ad Schedule. Remember: ad scheduling is only available for campaigns with “All features” enabled.
- If this is your first time creating an ad schedule, click + Create custom schedule. If you've created an ad schedule before, click +Ad schedule.
- Make your selections for specific days and times. Bear in mind, the ad schedules you set are based on your account’s time zone. Therefore, you should adjust your ad schedule to account for any difference in your target customers' time zone. Find out more about how to change your time zone.
- Click Save. You'll see your changes reflected in the Ad schedule statistics table.
Bear in mind
The ad schedule is based on a 12-hour or 24-hour clock. Therefore, to schedule an ad to run from the end of one day through a portion of the next day, you should create an ad schedule for each day. If you are using a 12-hour clock, for example, to run an ad from Monday 11.00 p.m. to Tuesday 7.00 a.m., your ad schedule for Monday should extend from 11.00 pm to 12.00 a.m., while your Tuesday ad schedule should run from 12.00 a.m. to 7.00 a.m.Give it a try
Review your schedule
When you create an ad schedule, your ad will only show during the times that you've specified. Your ad won’t show during the dates and times that aren't listed on your ad schedule. Review your ad schedule to make sure that it includes all the days and times that you want your ad to be eligible to show o.
To see exactly when your ad is scheduled to appear:
- Click your campaign's Settings tab, then click Ad schedule.
- Click the Schedule details drop-down menu.
- Choose if you want to view your ad schedule by "Day of the week" or "Hour and day of the week".
- If you want to add more dates and times to your ad schedule, follow the steps above.