Keyword Planner: Edit keyword ideas
This article applies to the previous AdWords experience. Determine which AdWords experience you’re using.
If you’re using the new AdWords experience, read About Keyword Planner in the new AdWords experience.
After you’ve created a plan, you can make changes to your ad group and keywords ideas in the table to help you get an even better idea how your keywords might perform. For example, you can easily change all of the keywords in an ad group from broad match to exact match to see whether exact match keywords might better help you reach your advertising goals.
This article explains how edit the keyword ideas in your plan.
Before you begin
Create a plan by using one of the options in Keyword Planner, then click Review plan on the right.
How to add more ad groups or keywords
- Click +Add keywords.
- To add a new ad group, enter the name of the ad group and keywords in the boxes. To add keywords to an existing ad group, select the name of the ad group and enter the keywords in the box. Make sure to enter the keywords one per line or separated by commas.
- Click Save.
How to change keyword match types
- If you’d like to change the match types for keywords in some of your ad groups, select the checkboxes next to the ad groups you'd like to make changes to.
- Click the Match types drop-down.
- Select Selected to change the match type for the keywords in the selected ad groups. Select All to change the match type for all the keywords in your plan.
- Select Broad match, Exact match, or Phrase match, depending on what match type you’d like to change the keywords in your selected ad group to.
- Click Yes to apply your changes.