AdWords sign-up guide
Create an AdWords account: How to sign up
Sign up with Google AdWords to start reaching new customers with online ads tailored to your business goals and budget. This 4-step guide walks you through creating your AdWords account and setting up your first ad campaign.
To begin, visit https://adwords.google.com and click the Start now button.
Before you begin
To create your AdWords account, you’ll need an email address and website for your business. The email address shouldn’t already be associated with an existing AdWords or AdWords Express account. If you don’t have a website, you can still advertise with AdWords Express, Google’s simple solution to online advertising. Visit http://www.google.com/adwords/express/ to sign up and create your first ad in just 15 minutes.
About your business
First, tell us some basic information about your business so we can customize your account setup.
Enter the email you want to use to sign in to your new AdWords account. If you already have a Google Account (in other words, if you use any other Google product, such as Gmail), use your Google email address.
Do you need more people to access your new AdWords account? You can invite them after you create your account and sign in to AdWords. Learn more about granting access to your AdWords account.
- Enter the website address for the business you want to advertise.
- Click Continue.
Sign in to your existing Google Account, or create a new one.
- If you already have a Google Account (in other words, if you use any other Google product, such as Gmail), enter your Google email address and password, then click Sign in.
If you don’t have an existing Google Account, or want to use a different email address to sign in, just click Create an account at the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions to create and confirm your new Google account.
After signing in, you might see a recommendation to use AdWords Express instead of AdWords. This recommendation is based on the business information you shared.
AdWords Express is a quick, easy way to advertise with Google. Unlike AdWords, AdWords Express manages your ads for you, so you can focus on growing your business and making your customers happy.
To move forward with AdWords Express, simply continue the steps as you see them on screen. If you prefer to stick with AdWords, just click Switch to AdWords and continue with the instructions below.
Not sure which one is right for you? See how AdWords and AdWords Express compare.
How to fix a problem with creating or signing in to a Google Account
- If you have trouble creating an account, read about common issues and solutions.
- If you're getting an error that you have an invalid email address, read about invalid email addresses.
- If you have a problem finding the verification email or verifying your account, check out these common verification issues and solutions. Or, find out what to do if you entered the wrong email address during sign-up.
- If you get an error that the email already exists, learn how to reclaim your Google Account.