About auto end screens for video ads
Auto end screens make video ads interactive by showing an automatically-generated screen at the end of your video with information about your products or services. The screen will appear for a few seconds after your video finishes playing.
End screens can help you achieve your campaign goals by encouraging viewers to take an action, such as installing your mobile app or buying your products.
Showing an auto end screen at the end of your video ad doesn’t change the way we bill for your ad or count your views. It just provides an additional opportunity for engagement, appearing directly after a viewer finishes watching the full length of your video.
Note: This article is about automatically-generated end screens, available for certain video ads in AdWords. You can also manually add end screens to videos in YouTube. Learn about adding end screens to videos in YouTube
- Auto end screens are currently available for in-stream ads in mobile app installs campaigns only.
- When auto end screens are enabled in AdWords, YouTube-created end screens won’t appear.
How it works
Auto end screens will appear by default after eligible video ads. They’re automatically generated using information from your campaign. For example, in a mobile app installs campaign, the auto end screen will show details about your app, such as the name, icon, and price, along with a link to install the app.
Like all TrueView video ads, you’re billed when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds), or engages with your video. For a video with an auto end screen, you’re billed at the end of the original video, regardless of whether the viewer stays around to watch the end screen. The skip button will be visible for the duration of the end screen.
How to opt out of auto end screens
If you don’t want to show an end screen automatically after your video ad, you can turn this feature off when you create your ad. Here’s how to opt out of showing an end screen:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Follow the steps to create a TrueView video campaign.
- When creating your video ad, expand the Auto end screen section under “Advanced.”
- Uncheck the box next to “Auto end screen” to opt out of this setting.
- Note: You can turn the end screen on or off for an existing ad by editing your ad from the “Ads” tab.