Create a campaign in the new AdWords experience
When you create a new campaign in the new AdWords experience, start by selecting a goal to see settings based on the specific actions that you'd like your customers to take. Adding a goal to a campaign won't change how your campaign runs, but it will determine the settings AdWords provides to help you optimize for your business objectives.
This article explains how to create a campaign in the new Adwords experience.
What’s different in the new AdWords experience
Campaign goals come first
In the new AdWords experience, campaigns are created around a goal, and provide features and settings based on the actions you’d like your customers to take. All campaign settings and features will be available to you despite what goals you choose, and you can always make changes to your goals.
After you select campaign goals, you can select the type of campaign you'd like to run, which determines where customers see your ads, as well as the settings and options available to you. Once you specify a campaign type, you go on to select the networks in which you’d like your ads to appear.
- Simpler, more streamlined campaign creation.
- Familiar campaign functionality, so your campaigns still run the same way you’re used to.
- Tailored suggestions to help you build a campaign that meets your business goals.
Create a new campaign
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- In the page menu along the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select a goal for your campaign, or if none of the goals fit what you’re looking for, select Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.
- If this step doesn’t reflect what you’re seeing in your account, select a campaign type first then select a goal. Learn more about goals in the new AdWords experience.
- Select a campaign type.
- For Search campaigns: select the ways you'd like to reach your goal by checking the applicable boxes (i.e., Get website visits, Get phone calls, Get app downloads).
- Click Continue.
- Set your campaign settings. Learn about each setting.
- Click Save and continue.