What is MDS?
Manager Defined Spend (MDS) is a simple way for My Client Center (MCC) account-users to control their managed accounts' budgets. If you decide to move some or all of your managed accounts to MDS, you'll be able to create and modify these accounts' budgets instantaneously via your MCC dashboard. Additionally, you'll be billed for these accounts via one Manager Order-level monthly invoice.
A managed account is eligible for Manager Defined Spend (MDS) if it is one of the following:
A managed account is ineligible for MDS if it meets any of the following criteria:
- On prepay (unless it's converted to monthly invoicing - contact us to discuss this option)
- An account in which the client is billed directly (i.e., it's not linked to an MCC account and cannot be linked)
- Has a billing address in Argentina or Brazil
- Has a billing address in France and is managed by a third party
II. Getting started
To begin using MDS:
- With your AdWords Account Manager, decide which managed accounts you want to put on MDS.
- Your Account Manager will work with our finance team to approve your MCC account for MDS and set up a Manager Defined Order (MDO).
- Once approved, your Account Manager will send you a service agreement. Review, sign, and return the service agreement. Depending on your country, the service agreement may contain a URL and pin number that will also allow you to accept online.
- Your Account Manager will notify you once the MDO has been applied to your MCC.
- At this point, you will be able to create a budget for each managed account that you want on MDS.
- You will be able to modify your managed accounts' budgets at any time via your MCC dashboard.
- At the end of the month, you'll receive in the mail one Manager Order-level invoice for the managed accounts that you have on MDS, which you can pay via check or wire transfer. You can also access this invoice by clicking consolidated (.pdf) on your My Client Center account's Billing Summary page.
You can put additional eligible managed accounts on MDS at any time. Learn how.