About sharing remarketing tags and lists
If you manage multiple accounts that need to use the same remarketing tags, or target the same remarketing lists, you can use the Admin tab in your manager account to share those lists with across accounts that you manage. For example, if you'd like to share a remarketing list based on a tag generated by a different account, you can use the Admin tab to do the following:
- Allow managed accounts to use a manager account remarketing tag
- Share manager account remarketing lists with specific managed accounts
- Share remarketing lists created by managed accounts with other managed accounts
- Allow managed accounts to create remarketing lists based on a manager account tag
Before you begin
- Only the administrative user on the managed account itself will be able to turn tag or list sharing on or off.
- If there is an administrative user on the managed account, the manager account user won't be able to turn on list sharing.
- If there isn't an administrative user on the managed account, only the manager account user that created that account will be able to turn list sharing on or off.
- If you don't have the right access level, you'll see the error: "You don't have permission to perform this action".
Important: When sharing tags and lists across accounts, remember that you may be sharing confidential or proprietary data. You should only share tags and lists with other accounts if you have obtained permission from accounts that own them and such sharing doesn't violate any agreements you have with those accounts.
For additional requirements and details about remarketing lists for search ads, see the Policy for remarketing lists for search ads.
Set up tag and list sharing
The following steps explain how manager accounts can share remarketing tags or lists with the accounts that they manage. Follow these instructions if the following applies to you:
- If you have a new managed account with whom you want to share remarketing tags or lists.
- You're the administrator of a managed account, and want to share your tags or lists with other accounts.
These steps are for setting up sharing for the first time from within a manager account.
- Sign in to AdWords.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Admin, which shows a list of all managed accounts.
- Select a managed account by checking the box next to it. To select all managed accounts, click the gray area around the "Account" checkbox and select "All" from the drop-down menu.
- Click Edit, select "Remarketing account," and then select "Change to this manager" from the drop-down menus. These accounts can now use the manager account remarketing tag and lists. If a managed account is using cross-account conversion tracking, the same manager account will need to be used for both the "Conversion account" and "Remarketing account."
- Note that it may take a couple of hours for these changes to be reflected in the managed accounts.