Create an image ad
Use image ads to attract people’s attention with color and pictures. You can create image ads outside of AdWords and upload them, or create responsive ads within AdWords which automatically adjust to fit the devices they are being viewed on. These ad formats are only for ads on the Display Network. This article explains how to create image ads:
- Uploaded image ads: Upload image ads after you create them outside of AdWords, like in Google Web Designer. Supported file types: GIF, JPG, PNG, and HTML5.
- Responsive Ads: Create image ads by uploading assets and writing text in AdWords. Using the assets you provide, responsive ads will which automatically adjust their size, appearance, and format to fit just about any available ad space. Learn more here.
Before you begin
The simplest and most flexible image ad type is a responsive ad for Display, which you can create in minutes using your own images, or free quality images from our library. For more specific instructions, go to Create a responsive ad for Display. You can also create dynamic responsive ads, to show images from your feed of marketing images.
Requirements for using HTML5 ads
HTML5 ads are not available for all advertisers. You can submit a request to use HTML5 ads if they aren’t available in your account and your account meets the following requirements:
- Has a good history of policy compliance.
- Has a good payment history.
- Has more than US$1000 total lifetime spend.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- On the expandable navigation panel on the far left, make sure you’re at the “All campaigns” or “Display campaigns” level.
- Go to the “Ads and extensions" page and click the plus button .
- Select the ad template you’d like to use, or select Upload display ads.
- Create your ad with the template or upload it.
- Click Save.