Create an image ad
Use image ads to attract people’s attention with color and pictures. This article explains how to create image ads:
- Uploaded image ads. Upload image ads after you create them outside of AdWords (supported file types: GIF, JPG, PNG and HTML5).
- Alternatively, you can use Responsive Ads which automatically adjust their size, appearance, and format to fit just about any available ad space. Learn more here.
Before you begin
The simplest and most powerfully flexible image ad type is responsive ads for Display, which you can create in minutes using your own images, or free quality images from our library. For more specific instructions, go to Create a responsive ad for Display. You can also create dynamic responsive ads, to show images from your feed of marketing images.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- On the expandable navigation panel on the far left, make sure you’re at the “All campaigns” or “Display campaigns” level.
- Go to the “Ads and extensions" page and click the plus button .
- Select the ad template you’d like to use, or select Upload display ads.
- Create your ad with the template or upload it.
- Click Save.