I signed in to AdWords but was taken to the wrong account. Why? What should I do?
It's possible that you have two AdWords accounts using the same login email and password. When you updated your AdWords login to a Google Account, you probably chose the same AdWords email and password that you currently use for your other AdWords account.
You can fix this problem by choosing an alternative login email for one of your two AdWords accounts – via your AdWords account or via Google Accounts.
To decide on the best option for you, think about which AdWords account login you'd like to keep the same. If you would like to keep your recently updated Google Account login the same, choose option I. Otherwise, choose option II. In particular, if you recently updated your AdWords login to be a Gmail email address, then choose option I.
I. Choose a new login email in your AdWords account
- Sign in to AdWords at https://adwords.google.com using your AdWords email and password. You should automatically be directed to the update wizard.
- Read the introduction, and click 'Continue'.
- Select "I only sign in to AdWords, or AdWords and AdSense" for the next question. Click 'Continue'.
- Enter an email address and/or password that is different from your other account's email address in the correct fields. Enter the security word, and read and accept the terms of conditions.
- Review your login information, and click Update My Login.
II. Choose a new login email in Google Accounts
- Visit the Google Accounts homepage at http://www.google.com/accounts.
- Enter your current AdWords login email and password, and then click Sign in.
- Click the Change email link under "Personal information". (If you're using a Gmail address, then this link won't appear, so please follow the instructions in section I above.)
- Enter your new email address and your current password.
- Click the Save email address button to save the changes.
You will also receive a message at your previous email address with the subject "Google Account Management". This email is sent only as confirmation that the email address has changed, so no further action is required.