A bid strategy that automatically sets and adjusts your maximum bids (the most you'll pay for each click on your ad). Another option, manual bidding, lets you choose your own bid amounts.
- Automatic bidding is the simplest way to establish how much you might pay for each click on your ads -- you set a budget, and AdWords does the rest. You don't need to choose bid amounts for your ad groups, keywords, or placements.
- With automatic bidding, you set a target daily budget and the AdWords system automatically adjusts your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bids on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the most clicks possible within that budget.
- For more control, you can also set a bid limit to prevent your bids from being set over that amount. While setting a bid limit can offer tighter control, know that it can also restrict your ad position or the number of clicks that your ad receives.
- If at any time you don't like the bid suggestions, you can easily switch to using manual bidding which gives you full control to set the bid amounts yourself.
- Automatic bidding isn't available with the following:
- "Display Network only" campaigns with the marketing objectives "Engage with your content," "Install your mobile app," and "Engage with your mobile app."
- Bid adjustments based on day and time