Waiting for your balance to update after a payment
The time it takes to see your payment reflected in your AdWords account depends on how you pay your bill. Here's what you can expect:
- Check. It can take up to five business days after we receive your check to update your AdWords balance. If you mail your payment internationally, it can take longer.
- Wire transfer. It can take up to five business days after initiating the transfer to update your AdWords account balance.
Learn where you can find your payments once they're posted in your AdWords account, and find tips on how to make successful payments.
Where you can see your payment
Once we've processed your payment, you'll see it reflected in these places after you click the gear icon and choose Billing:
- Amount due. After you click the gear icon and choose Billing, you'll see this field on the upper portion of the page. You'll see any processed payments in the "Amount due" and "Last successful payment" fields.
- Invoices page. You'll see the "Amount paid" and "Balance" columns updated on the table here when a payment has been applied to one or more invoices. Click the Invoices link on the left-hand side of the page to get here.
- Transaction history page. Look to the table on the page and you'll see a line item showing your payment. The balance will reflect this, too. Click the Transaction history link on the side of the page to get here.
- Always include the invoice number to which you'd like your payment applied. If you'd like your payment to be applied to more than one invoice, note how much you want applied to each one.
- Send your payment to the correct bank account. (See your invoice for instructions.)
- For wire transfer, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of each invoice you're paying -- if you're making one payment that covers multiple invoices.
- If you don't see your account balance update within the typical timeframe for your payment type, contact your local AdWords collections team.