Understanding your campaign status
The "Status" column of your "All online campaigns" page tells you whether your campaigns are active or not, and whether your campaign is limited by budget. When you check your account alerts and top-level statistics, review the "Status" column to see if your campaigns are running as you'd expect, or address any issues that may be holding up your campaign.
Where to find your campaign status
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab to get to the "All online campaigns" page.
If you want to change the status of a video campaign, click the All video campaigns link in the lower right corner of the page and follow the same instructions below.
- Look for the "Status" column, next to the "Budget" column.
How to interpret your campaign status
The "Status" column from the "All online campaigns" page displays information about the current state of each campaign in your account at the time you sign in to your AdWords account. From this page, you can see the status of every campaign you've ever created and detect any unexpected problems with your campaigns.
If you find that your campaign isn't running as you expected, visit the "Ad groups," "Ads," and "Keywords" tabs from your AdWords campaign page to check your ad group status, ad status, and keyword status, and resolve any issues that could be keeping your ads from serving. For video campaigns, visit the “Ads,” “Videos,” and “Targets” tabs in your “All video campaigns” page to resolve any issues that could be keeping your video ads from serving.
Here are the different types of campaign statuses, what they mean, and what to do next:
What it means
|Eligible||Active and can show ads.||If your campaign is marked "Eligible" but you’re still not seeing your ad, find out why and fix it.|
|Paused||Inactive because you paused it. Pausing a campaign means that your ads don't show or accumulate new costs until resumed.||Find out how to resume your campaign.|
|Removed||Inactive because you removed it. Removing a campaign means that ads don't show or accumulate new costs until re-enabled.||Find out how to re-enable your campaign.|
|Pending||Inactive but scheduled to begin at a future date.||Find out how to change your campaign’s start date.|
|Ended||Inactive because it's past its scheduled end date.||Find out how to change your campaign’s end date.|
|Suspended||Inactive because your prepaid account balance has run out. Suspended accounts don't show ads or accumulate new costs until additional funds are added under "Billing."||Find out how to add funds to your pre-paid account balance.|
|Limited by budget||Active, but showing ads only occasionally due to budget constraints. You can place your mouse over the bubble next to this status to see your "Recommended budget."||Learn more about budget recommendations, then adjust your campaign's budget.|
Click the heading of the "Status" column to sort your campaigns by status.
Filter campaigns to view "all," "all enabled," or "all but removed" campaigns
If you have a lot of campaigns, or you only want to see a certain type of campaign, you can refine the types of campaigns you see on your “All online campaigns” page.
- To get to your "All online campaigns" page, go to the main "Campaigns" tab and click the "All online campaigns" link on the side navigation bar.
- Click the dropdown button just below the Campaigns tab on the page and choose whether you’d like to see "all enabled” campaigns or “all but removed” campaigns.
- You can always return to the complete list by clicking “all” on the same dropdown button.
- Learn how to start, stop, or remove a campaign. Find out how to check your ad approval status.
- Learn more about ad group status and keyword status.
- Use our troubleshooter to find out why you may not see your ad.