Find your ad status
The "Status" column of your ads page signals whether or not an ad is active and the reason for its status. The status of an ad reflects changes that you make to that ad or its campaign and whether or not that ad's been approved based on AdWords policies.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more
How to find your ad status
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ads tab.
- Look at the "Status" column, next to "Ad," to see an ad's status.
How to interpret your ad status
The "Status" column from the Ads tab displays information about the current state of your ad at the time you sign in. Here are the different types of ad statuses:
- Under review
- Approved (limited)
Four ad statuses that you can control:
- Paused: Inactive because you paused it. Pausing an ad means that your ads don't show or accumulate new costs until resumed. You can also see "Campaign paused" or "Ad group paused" from your Ads tab if you paused the campaign or ad group that contains this ad. Even when ads are paused, they're subject to review. We review paused ads to ensure that they comply with AdWords policies and applicable laws,and also so that ads that do get approved while under review can run as soon as you unpause them.
- Pending: Inactive but scheduled to begin at a future date. You can also see "Campaign pending" or "Ad group pending" from your Ads tab if the campaign or ad group that contains this ad is pending.
- Ended: Inactive because it's past its scheduled end date. You can also see "Campaign ended" or" Ad group ended" from your Ads tab if the campaign or ad group that contains this ad has ended.
- Removed: Inactive because you removed it. Removing an ad means that ads don't show or accumulate new costs until re-enabled. You also see "Campaign removed" or "Ad group removed" from your Ads tab if you removed the campaign or ad group that contains this ad.