How Google Accounts work
Find out if you have a Google Account
If you're already using a Google product such as Gmail, for example, then you have a Google Account.
If you're not sure you've signed up for any of our products, you can check by visiting the Google Accounts password change page. Enter any email address you think you might've used to create a Google Account. If we don't recognize it, you'll immediately see a message from us. Below our message you'll see a link to click to create a Google Account using that email address.
If we see that your email address is tied to a Google Account, we'll send you an email with a link to reset the Google Account's password.
What you need to create a Google Account
If you don't have a Google Account but do have an email address, you can create a Google account using that email address. If you don't have an email address, you can create one with Gmail, at https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
How Google Accounts differ from AdWords accounts
Google Account: At its most basic, a Google Account is a Google-wide username and password that can be used to access various products, including AdWords. Your Google Account also contains information that applies across products, such as your preferred language and some privacy settings. You can view and change this information any time by signing in at https://accounts.google.com.
AdWords account: This contains information and preferences specific to AdWords, such as your ad campaigns, keywords, daily budget, and performance reports.
Link your Google Account to another Google product or service
Accounts for several Google products can be moved from one Google Account to another. You might want to transfer ownership to a different Google Account if you have two accounts, or if someone else is taking over your AdWords or Analytics account for you. Google Accounts will automatically store and link additional services such as AdWords. If you have an AdWords account, you'll use the same sign in information for AdWords as you do for Google Accounts.
To move your Google Merchant Center account to another Google Account, please contact the Google Merchant Center User Support team for assistance.
- Sign in to your Google Account under the "Link Accounts" section here.
- Enter your existing YouTube username and password in the same Link Accounts section.
- Click the Link Accounts button.
- You'll be signed in and redirected to the YouTube homepage (http://www.youtube.com).
- Click the My Account link.
- Under "Account Settings," if you see the "Unlink YouTube and Google Accounts" link, you've successfully linked your Google Account with your YouTube Account.
If you need to switch or unlink a Google Account from your YouTube account, please follow the steps below:
- Visit http://www.youtube.com/my_account_unlink
- Click Unlink My Accounts to unlink your YouTube and AdWords account.