Fix a disapproved ad or extension
If your ad or extension is disapproved, it means that it won't run because it doesn't comply with AdWords advertising policies.
This article explains how to find out why your ad or extension was disapproved and make any required changes.
Choose the AdWords experience you're using. Learn more.
Step 1: Find out why your ad or extension was disapproved
You can find which ads or extensions are disapproved and why by looking at the "Status" column. Hover over the white speech bubble next to "Disapproved" and click the disapproval reason to learn more about the policy.How to fix a disapproved ad in AdWords
If you think your ad was incorrectly disapproved and that it complies with AdWords policies, you can automatically resubmit your ad for another review by simply making a small change in the ad text and saving the change. The "Resubmit my campaign for review" link sends the entire campaign for review and only works for URL-related policies. Also note that changing and resubmitting an ad resets its associated statistics to zero.How to see all of your disapproved ads at once
- Visit your account's Ads tab.
- Click Filter, which appears above the statistics table.
- Select Create filter.
- Select Approval Status from the first drop-down menu.
- Remove the check marks from all checkboxes except the Disapproved checkbox.
- Check the Save filter checkbox in case you plan on using this filter again and want to save time.
- Click Apply.
The table will automatically update to show you all of your disapproved ads.
Step 2: Make changes to your ad or extension
To update a disapproved ad or extension, read the policy closely and then make changes so that it complies with the policy.
How to edit your ad or extension:
- Visit your account's Ads tab or Ad extensions tab.
- Hover over the ad or extension that you need to edit. Click the pencil icon, and you'll be able to make edits right there.
- Edit the ad or extension so that it complies with all of our policies, and then click Save. Note that if you don't make any changes, it won't be resubmitted for review.
- Your ad or extension is automatically resubmitted to us for review.
Please do not submit your ads for review until you're sure that the violations are fixed. This is important because if your ads, keywords, or sites are repeatedly disapproved for violating our advertising policies, your AdWords account could be suspended meaning that your ads would no longer run. If you're confident that the violation is a mistake on our part, you can contact us. Note, however, that if our review confirms that your ad indeed violates our policies, you will need to fix it and resubmit again, causing you to wait even longer for your ad to run.
Note that editing your ad or extension is the same as removing the original and creating a new one, so any related statistics will be reset to zero. You can still see your original performance history by selecting All from the "All but removed campaigns" drop-down menu above the statistics table.
How to resolve landing page or URL issues for an entire campaign
If your ads were disapproved for issues with your ad's landing page or URLs, you may have the option to use a link in your account to resubmit all eligible ads within that entire campaign. For example, if your ads were originally disapproved because your landing page was temporarily down, you can use this option to resubmit that campaign once your webpage is back up again.
Note that this option is only available for ads that have been disapproved for certain issues relating to your site or URLs.How to resubmit some entire campaigns for review
- Visit your account's Ads tab.
- Look at the "Status" column and hover over the white speech bubble next to "Disapproved."
- Click "Resubmit my campaign for review." Remember that this link will appear only if your ad was disapproved for certain issues relating to your landing page or URLs.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to resubmit the eligible disapproved ads in that campaign.
Step 3: Wait for your ad or extension to be reviewed
Once you edit and save your ad or extension, it will automatically be submitted to us for review. The Status column will change from "Disapproved" to "Under review."
We review most ads within 1 business day. Some reviews may take longer because some ads require more complex review. Once we review your ad, its status will be updated in your account to display its current approval status. If your ad is under review for more than 1 full business day, please be patient. We'll review your ad as soon as we can. In this case, you can also contact us.