Change your AdWords sign-in information
You can change the information thatyou use to sign in to your AdWords account in several ways. The method that you choose affects how you sign in to your other Google products.
If you're having trouble signing in to your account, you can also try our sign-in troubleshooter.
Changing your password
Changing your password for AdWords will also change the password that you use to sign in to all Google products.
To change your password:
- Go to https://accounts.google.co.uk/EditPasswd while signed in to your AdWords email address.
- Enter your current password and the new password that you want to use. We recommend that you use a strong password.
Ways to change your email address or username
Changing your email address for AdWords will also change the email address that you use to sign in to all Google products. Because of this, you might consider simply adding email addresses to your account or linking other Google Accounts to your AdWords account, giving you greater flexibility.
Here are your options for changing sign-in information:
- Change the email address on your account
This will change the email address that you use to sign in to all Google products and is not available to Gmail users.
- Add alternative email addresses to your account
This will allow you to use multiple email addresses to sign in to all Google products.
- Allow another email address to access your AdWords account
This allows two separate accounts to sign in, view and edit your AdWords account.
If you don't use Gmail, you can change the email address for your account. This change will affect all the Google products that you use, so other Google products might send emails to this email address and you'll have to sign in to all products using this email address.
To change the email address on your account:
- Sign in to My Account.
- In the “Personal info & privacy” section, select Your personal info.
- Select the Email section.
- Select the Google account email section.
- Enter your new email address.
- Click Save email address.
Once you've saved your changes, you should receive a verification message to the email address that you just entered. To complete the changes, you'll need to click the verification link in this message. You should also receive a message to your old email address confirming that you're no longer using this email to sign in.
If you haven't had these emails and you’ve already checked your spam folder, request a new email.
You can add an email address that is not already the [primary email address] on another Google Account or a Gmail account. Alternative email addresses function nearly the same as your primary email address – you can use alternative email addresses to sign in and receive notifications, amongst other things.
To add an alternative email address to your Google Account:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://accounts.google.co.uk
- In the "Personal info & privacy" section, select Your personal info.
- Choose Email.
- Click to open the "Advanced" tab, select Alternative emails.
- Enter an alternative email address, click Add.
We'll send an email with a verification link to your alternative email address. You'll need to open the email and click the link before you can begin signing in to your account with the alternative email address.
Can't find our verification message? Find out more about why this might be happening
If you don't want to change the email address on your account, you can allow other Google accounts to access your AdWords account. The account with access will have different abilities to edit or view your account, depending on the level of access that you give to the account.
Find out how to give users access to your AdWords account.